Last Modified: December 2015
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE OWNER WEBSITE AT WWW.MYGILDAN.CA (THE "WEBSITE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF AND COMPLIANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE. ALSO NOTE THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK FOR SUCH UPDATES. THE LAST REVISION DATE FOR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IS SET FORTH ABOVE.
Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
- This website is owned and operated by Gildan Activewear SRL (hereinafter the "Site Owner") for your personal non-commercial use and information. Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and all applicable laws.
- No Collection of Personal Information for Browsing Purposes. The Site Owner does not collect personal information about you unless specifically and knowingly provided by you, either by ordering promotional materials and literature by mail or through downloads or subscriptions to a specific online service.
- Purpose of Collection of Personal Information. Personal Information will be collected only for the purpose of fulfilling the specific request for information or for products or services requested at the time the information is collected unless you specifically consent, at the time, to another use of your personal information.
Security and Risks Related to Internet. This Website has security measures in place to help protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under the Site Owner's control. This Website uses no encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of this Website, but uses encryption on portions where you are transmitting financial information, such as credit card information. When you are on any web site that asks you for confidential information, you should check to see if the information being transmitted is encrypted in order to increase the security of your information. Although every effort is taken to ensure no one else will view, seize or obtain your personal information, complete confidentiality and security is not yet possible over the Internet. Any unencrypted email communication over the Internet is not secure or confidential, and is subject to possible interception, loss and alteration. You acknowledge and agree that the Site Owner, its agents, administrators, employees and affiliates may not be held liable for any damages you or anyone else may suffer or incur as a result of the transmission of confidential or sensitive information over the Internet, and that all such communications will be made at your own risk.
- Collection and Use of Information. The Site Owner obtains its information about you directly from you. Depending on the type of product or service requested, the Site Owner may require information such as your name, address and other additional information (“Personal Information”). Any Personal Information is onlyobtained by the Site Owner if you supply it voluntarily. The only third parties to whom the Site Owner transmits personal information collected through its Website are service providers used to maintain or to host the site or data or to deliver the products, services or information you request (hereinafter the “Service Providers”). All such Service Providers are contractually prohibited from using your Personal Information for their own purposes and are required to implement appropriate security measures.
In addition, we collect other information that is not Personal Information, including IP addresses, aggregate user data, Site usage information, and browser type to help diagnose problems with our server, manage and improve this Website, track usage, and for security and monitoring purposes. This information aids us in merchandising and improving the design and layout of this Website. This non-personal information does not identify you personally.
We may use third party advertising companies to deliver ads or conduct email campaigns on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies (very small text files that are downloaded on your hard disk from certain web pages of the site) and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Because Site Owner links to social media sites, and from time to time may include third-party advertisements, other parties may collect your personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you visit this Website.
- Access to, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information. Should a user profile be accessible, you may access it, modify any information and preferences regarding your user profile, or require the deletion of your personal information by sending an email to the Site Owner at the following email address : email@example.com
- Monitoring. The Site Owner may, from time to time, monitor access to, use of and other activities relating to this Website for the purposes of maintenance of this Website, reviewing proper and legal use of this Website and security-related issues. The Site Owner may intervene in relation thereto but does not make any representation or warranty that it will do so. You hereby consent to any such monitoring and intervention.
- Hyperlinks to Other Sites. This Website may contain hyperlinks to other sites. The Site Owner is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites and any information that you provide to such other websites shall be subject to the privacy policies of the owners of such other websites.
- Use of Personal Information by Employees of the Site Owner. Certain employees will be provided with information about you in order to provide services or information that you have requested regarding specific products or services. The Site Owner's employees are instructed to use strict standards of care in handling your personal and confidential information.
- YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE DISCLOSURE BY THE SITE OWNER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSMITTED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE TO THE SITE OWNER'S EMPLOYEES IN ORDER TO ALLOW THEM TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE SERVICES THAT YOU MAY REQUEST.
- Information about Products and Services. The Site Owner or the Services Providers may occasionally send you e-mail messages about products and services where you have specifically consented to receive such information. Only the Site Owner or the Services Providers will send you said direct mailings. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, you may do so by cancelling your subscription to such email messages by contacting the Site Owner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Severability. If any provision hereof is held illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any competent authority in any jurisdiction, such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not in any manner affect or render illegal, invalid or unenforceable such provision in any other jurisdiction or any other provision hereof in any jurisdiction.
- Governing Law and Evidence. This Website is controlled and operated by the Site Owner from Barbados and these terms shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Québec and the laws of Canada applicable thereto without reference to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws.
- Jurisdiction. This Website is for intended use in Canada. The Site Owner makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
All complaints and requests for access to, or modification or destruction of personal information may be made to the Site Owner who can be reached by any of the following means:
Mail: Gildan Activewear SRL
To the attention of the Privacy Officer
Newton, Christ Church, Barbados, BB17404